Table of Contents
Skywalker X5 Flying Wing
- 1x PX4 Pixhawk kit (including power module)
- u-blox GPS
- Airspeed sensor
Complete List (Max Performance/Price - Recommended)
Order only ONE of the motors below.
- 1x Easystar 2 spinner (Eflight)
Order in a separate order (air freight rules apply) the Skywalker X-5 Airframe:
Alternative BevRC Setup
Order the X-5 airframe from either Hobbyking (above) or BEVRC (below).
The PX4 project recommends for all aircraft and multirotors the XT-60 connectors, as a range of batteries is available with them and 3D Robotics offers all power connections with it. It is slightly better shielded and easier to unplug compared to Dean's Ultra.
|MAIN 1||Left elevon|
|MAIN 2||Right elevon|
- 1x Skywalker X5
- 1x PX4FMU + PX4IO kit (including safety switch, buzzer, microSD card, micro USB cable)
- 1x female to female (plug to plug) servo cable
- 1x 3DR Radio (433 or 900 MHz, depending on country)
- 1x FrSky D4R-II (also possible: FrSky Futaba S.Bus or Futaba or Spektrum Satellite)
- 1x RCTimer HP ESC or Hobbyking Blueseries 40A ESC
- 1x RCTimer xx motor
- 1x Multiplex Easystar 2 spinner
- 1x Aeronaut CAMCarbon 8×6 blades
- 2x Hitec HS-5055MG servos
- 1x 4200 mA 3S1P LiPo battery 25C (DesirePower 25C)
Servo Lever Mounting
Motor Mount and Elevons
Electronics and Airspeed Sensor
<note tip>Embedding the airspeed sensor in the wing looks neat, but does weaken the wing. If crash-resistance is a major objective, consider taping it on top of the wing.