Table of Contents
FrSky radio-control systems
This page covers the low-cost FrSky range of ACCST transmitters and receivers that are supported by the PX4 system.
FrSky Taranis Plus
FrSky Taranis Plus Transmitter (Hobby King)
The upcoming FrSky transmitter with 8 / 16 channel (with telemetry) modes as well as a 12 channel long range (no telemetry) mode that looks very promising based on previous experience of FrSky products. An upgraded ACCST module is built in and does not need to be purchased separately but it still retains the ability to add JR modules in the same way as the Turnigy 9x for DSM-2 and DSM-X support.
Taranis is available and in use with PX4, works great.
Legacy: Turnigy 9x with FrSky ACCST
This set of TX, 2.4 GHz module and receiver allows MAVLink telemetry to be shown on the display if the ER9x firmware is flashed.
- Turnigy 9X 9 Ch Transmitter MODE 2 (see description above, common in Europe)
- FrSky ACCST (w Telemetry) Module – the bundled receiver in this kit is unsuitable, order the receiver below.
- Recommended receiver (complete list below): FrSky D4R-II 4ch 2.4Ghz ACCST Receiver (w/telemetry) (HobbyKing Shop)
- Recommended batteries (TX comes with battery holder for 8x AA): Sanyo Eneloop 8x pack (Amazon US) or 2x Sanyo Eneloop 4x pack (Amazon DE). Eneloop batteries have a substantially lower self-discharge rate and will help to keep your TX always ready. (Alternative: complete Eneloop pack, e.g. EFlight TX Eneloop pack)
- Recommended charger cable (use center positive, charge Eneloop with the NiMH program of your charger):
Pairing the FrSky ACCST (w Telemetry) Module with a FrSky D4R-II 4ch 2.4Ghz ACCST Receiver is fairly simple. First make sure both devices are turned off. Then turn on the Transmitter while pressing down the button at the back. The red led should be flashing now. Then turn on the receiver while pressing down the F/S button on it. Again here the red led should be flashing as well. Now turn both devices off. Finally turn the transmitter and the receiver on again. The devices are now already paired. The transmitter shows a solid red led and the receiver's red led is off.
- CPPM output: FrSky D4R-II 4ch 2.4Ghz ACCST Receiver (w/telemetry) (HobbyKing Shop)
See FrSky telemetry.