Eagle CAD Tricks
- Move parts between sheets:
- group part (even if its just one)
- enter in the command line:
move (> 0 0)
- move to other sheet (e.g. sheet 2):
- Measure trace length / impendance:
run length-freq-ri(original link) NOT needed in v6 for differential signals, use the differential routing tool instead
Creating new 3D Models
EagleUp uses Sketchup models of each part and combines them into a board model. The best way to create part models is to import 3D data from the part manufacturers and convert them to Sketchup (and color them there).
Step 1: Download Part
Step 2: Convert to STL
- File → Open → Select the STEP (.step or .stp) file
- Mark the part (green highlighted)
Select File → Export and select the STL (.stl) mesh file format.
Step 3: Convert to Collada
Start Meshlab. Go to File → Open → Select the file and click 'Open'.
Export the file: Go to File → Save As → Collada (.dae). Leave all options default and save the .dae file.
Step 4: Import in Sketchup
File → Import → DAE
Step 5: Soften Edges and Color
Select the complete part, right-click on it: Soften / Smoothen Edges → Tick the “Smoothen Coplanar” checkbox
255 251 232
Black color: 56 56 56
Purple color: 102 40 144
0x662890 traces: 0x9E3DE1
Gold color: 248 193 108
3D Model Sources
3D DATA Hirose:
3D DATA 3M:
3D DATA Molex:
- http://www.molex.com/molex/part/partModels.jsp or use this URL and exchange the part number at the end: